Friday, August 7, 2009

A little bit book crazy-

Last night I went to the bookstore, Borders. And as this blog can attest, I love books. I'm not sure what it is about bookstores but something just calms the soul when I go into one. Maybe its the thought of the endless adventures, stories, love, heartache, relationships, that I will be able to encounter by the books. Whatever it is...it consumes me. Which is why I don't let myself go into bookstores too often (and by too often, I mean I go probably 1/2 a month). I went crazy last night. I bought 4 books, at one point I had 6 books in my arms. Now, keep in mind, these are in addition to the already 5 book long list on the right side of this blog. I just felt an itch to get some books. Maybe its my mom who I inherited that from, she and I can do some serious damage together at B&N. Anways, the books I added to my collection, and will surely be reviewed on this blog are as follows: An American Wife; Julie and Julia; An American Wife; Julie and Julia; Same Kind of Different as Me; and I Know this Much is True (Wally Lamb). I'm excited to read all four of those. The other two I put down were "The Help" and "Twenties Girl" by Sophie Kinsella. I'll save those for next time. And trust me, there will be a next time, and I'll probably still have 5 books on the list to read.

Vision in White review coming up shortly (about 100 pages left to read...)

1 comment:

  1. I read and loved Wally Lamb's Shes Come Undone and Couldn't Keep it to Myself. Can't wait to hear what you think of this other title... what an amazing writer.

    I know how you feel about bookstores...libraries, too! If you are ever in Miami, you cannot miss Books and Books in the coral gables location!!! It is one of the reasons I live in Miami... a fabulous bookstore with a courtyard, amazing architecture, and of course, great books!!!

    ReplyDelete