Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Carrie Diaries (by Candace Bushnell)

I was given this book by a best friend of mine, and I took it with me to read while on vacation in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. That was the best decision! This was a perfect "beach read". It's an easy read - I read it in 3 days (much of which were interrupted by floating on a raft in a pool and drinking Pina Coladas, among other things). This book is a prequel if you will of the Sex and the City book by the same author. In this book, you read about Carrie Bradshaw's senior year of high school and all the antics, drama, romance that comes along with it. I really enjoyed it. It was entertaining and read fast. I learned all about Carrie's senior year - her friends in high school, the boys she dated, her decision to become a writer, and why she ended up in NYC. I definitely recommed this book if you are a fan of Sex and the City, gives ya a glimpse of Carrie pre NYC. Still the same spunky girl though as she is on the show! I wouldn't mind reading a book like this about Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha. A little back story is always good, and I hear in the upcoming movie (to be released this week!) we get a glimpse of the ladies back in the Eighties!

Up next: The Host (by Stephanie Meyer) - about 1/4 in right now, AND The Shack (by William Young) - about 1/2 through.

1 comment:

  1. I am just about to read this books. Thanks for the great review.. now I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete