Monday, September 14, 2009

American Wife (by Curtis Sittenfeld)


I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I read this on a recommendation from Elaine and it was well worth it. I had a hard time putting it down. This book is loosely based on the life of Laura Bush. The main character is Alice, and it chronicles her life growing up from small town Riley, Wisconsin, to big town Washington, D.C. The book includes stories of love, happiness, sadness, friendship, and trials and tribulations I found relatable (well except for marrying the president of the U.S.). I didn't know much about Laura Bush's life, and would have to ask friends for information about her or to verify a storyline from the book. Its about 50/50 I would say. And it doesn't matter whether you like her or not, its just a good, girly story.
Rating: CPD
Up Next: Same Kind of Different as Me (about half way through right now).

1 comment: