Thursday, July 8, 2010

Just Don't Call Me Ma'am: How I Ditched the South, Forgot My Manners, and Managed to Survive My Twenties with (Most of) My Dignity Still Intact (by Anna Mitchael)

I read this book in less than 24 hours. It was just that good. This is a non-fiction memoir about a chick named Anna (the author). She is in her late twenties. It was very witty and relatable. At times I felt like I was reading about my own life. She's a Texan, from Houston who moved from Boston to Seattle to New York. The book starts in her apartment in Brooklyn, and at the end of a relationship, and continues on from there. Its an introspective look at the mind of a late twenties woman who is forging on through adulthood. I thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed it, and cannot wait to discuss it at book club in a month!

Up next: Still reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, keep getting sidetracked, but plan on finishing it up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment