Thursday, April 16, 2009

Something Borrowed (By Emily Griffin)


I know I said I was reading Sarah's Keys, but instead I chose to read this because it has been sitting on my shelf for a while. And man am I glad I read it. I could. not. put. it. down. This book is about an attorney, she is thirty years old, and single, and has this best friend from childhood that is very selfish and consuming, yes consuming. I won't go into too much detail for fear of spoiling the book, but let's just say it's really about the struggle to please other people above yourself, what you sacrifice when you do that, and how to regain your ability to put yourself and your needs first, especially when it comes to love. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone who happens to be a romantic. It also helped being an attorney and relating to the character in that way as well, although you don't have to be an attorney to relate. Just fyi.
Rating: CPD x a trillion.
Up next: Something Blue, the sequel to Something Borrowed. I feel attached to the character, so might as well pick up the next book in the series asap.

1 comment:

  1. I have read both of those books & her book "baby proof", I am now reading "love the one your with and think it's her best one yet. So please don't stop at something blue, read them all!

    ReplyDelete